Wednesday, May 16, 2007

America's Next Top Model - at least THEY are traveling...

While the dust continues to collect on my passport, I am presently sitting on my arse, engrossed in "America's Next Top Model" - Cycle 8. I love this show. I am just so proud of that Jaslene, the way she was flushed from even making it onto Cycle 7, and then came charging back and is now - HOLY SMOKES - in the Top TWO! She. Could. Go. All. The. Way.


Jaslene is, as Tyra Banks never tyres (wink) of saying, the "Fierce" Latina in the yellow belt. Claro que si, chica!

Thankfully, the girls are at least in Sydney, Australia (one of my "still need to get there" destinations), so I kind of feel like I'm traveling...I am really grasping at straws here.

This is the finale episode, so by the time I'm finished writing this, they will have decided Who Is America's Next Top Model. I have been watching this show since Cycle 1, and it just keeps getting better. They do makeovers, they have photo shoots, they get to play dress-up...the whole show is exactly like my living room, when I was 9 years old. The only thing that was different was that in my photo shoots, it was just me. Tyra wasn't forcing herself into every shot.Can someone please explain why, during the finale episodes, I cry EVERY time they do the runway walk-off? I think it's all the music and the great clothes, and the Fierce walking. I also think I may need some therapy. I should also point out that I consistently cry during every episode of The Biggest Loser. Which is kind of the polar opposite of America's Next Top Model.

Oh my God, Jaslene just won.

Aaaaaaaaand I'm crying again.