Monday, August 27, 2007

The Healing Power of Ice Cream

I had been some-kinda-sicky since last Thursday, which was an awful nuisance as it caused me to miss several Very Fun Social Outings.

This past weekend's activities consisted of me laying on the couch and pushing buttons on the remote, in between naps. I think I was awake for maybe 7 hours the entire weekend. What is that? I thought I had "Sleeping Sickness" (even though I'm not really sure what that is); my coworker thought I was pregnant. I'm pretty sure neither of us was right.

On Sunday, my mom said she thought it must have something to do with my diet. Was I getting enough iron?

(This kind of question always reminds me of the Geritol commercial from the 70's with Australian tennis pro Evonne Goolagong saying "I have AYAN POOAH BLOOD").


Mom's suggestion was to "eat more leafy greens", which she knows I hate. I said "Mmm, mebbe", and then when I hung up the phone I decided to get some dinner. And when I say "dinner" I mean a pint of Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heathbar Crunch ice cream.

And you know what? Today I woke up feeling like a million bucks. Coincidence? I think not. Another non-coincidence? Coffee Heathbar Crunch is number 9 on the Top 10 Flavors list. 9 is my lucky number.

Who has goosebumps?

Ben & Jerry's Top 10 Flavors:

1) Cherry Garcia® Ice Cream
2) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
3) Chocolate Fudge Brownie™ Ice Cream
4) Chunky Monkey® Ice Cream
5) Half Baked™ Ice Cream
6) Phish Food® Ice Cream
7) New York Super Fudge Chunk® Ice Cream
8) Cherry Garcia® Low Fat Frozen Yogurt
9) Coffee Heath Bar Crunch® Ice Cream
10) Peanut Butter Cup™ Ice Cream


Just a random curiosity: does anyone else have a problem with the Chocolate Fudge Brownie flavor - as in, the brownies are always very dry and crumbly? If you are having this problem, let me know, and we will band together and contact Ben or Jerry Tout de Suite (Or someone at Haagen Dazs, since they bought B&J). That used to be one of my Top 3 flavors.