Monday, August 20, 2007

Sorry, I Meant If ELVIS Was A Travel Agent

ELVIS, not Prince. There's nothing I love more, when returning to work after being sick, than to have an email from Imed in my inbox. I have been trying to ascertain whether or not one couple (Michael & Katherine Johnson), out of Imed's group of 8, will need a hotel reservation in Cairo on November 7.

ME: Hello again!

Michael & Katherine Johnson are arriving into Cairo on November 7. Are they making their own hotel arrangements for that night (and if so, please let me know where they'll be)? Or do they need one extra pre-night at the Four Seasons?

Please let me know - thanks!!

IMED: Hi: lf u look carefully, they depart 11/7 on UA 916 and arrive via FRA on UA 582 into Cairo on the 11/8/07 and will be picked up and taken care of by your rep to arrive safe and sound and so happy at their Ist Residence?/ l hope this makes sense!Thanks - ta very much Imed.

(ed. note - those flights are for a totally different couple in the group, Kari Johnson and Michael Jones - not Michael & Katherine Johnson. "Look carefully". I'll show him how to "look carefully".)

ME: Not Kari Johnson and Michael Jones. Their flights are fine.

Michael Johnson & Katherine Johnson are flying LHR/Cairo on November 7 (British Airways #0155)- ARRIVING on November 7 at 11:05PM. This information is per their Flight Questionnaire that they submitted (page 6 of the attachment). Can you please check with them?
Previous Email:
(pasted my previous email here, hoping that he would actually read ALL the words)

IMED: Hi : Here is the info on their flt schedules!!Imed

(Here he forwarded an email from the clients with the same flight information I had just sent him, as an attachment. Which he clearly did not open.)

ME: Imed, I have this information. I had sent YOU the flight schedule (see attachment from last email).

What I need to know is DO THEY NEED AN EXTRA NIGHT IN CAIRO AT THE FOUR SEASONS ON NOV. 7 OR ARE YOU ARRANGING SOMETHING FOR THEM?

Thanks!

(I do not typically write anything in all caps, as it looks like I am yelling. In this case, I was yelling.)

IMED: Hi: Sorry for u having to go thru all this, they do NOT need reservations. They will be staying for 1 nite at the CAIRO RAMSES HILTON-per their rq!! So will your rep pick them up on 11/7 at 23:05 and get their Egyptian visa's and transfer them to the hotel at no extra charge??\
As ELVIS would say,"
Thank U very much" Imed

(There are far too many unnecessary punctuation marks in Elvis' emails. "Visas" should not have an apostrophe, as it now appears that "visa is", or that there is something that belongs to "visa".)

Visa Las Vegas. My headache is back.