Monday, August 20, 2007

Training for the MENS - Episode 1

I am most certainly a self-appointed expert on What Women Want. As I am a Women. I have decided to create mini-episodes here, to help out the MENS. When I think of little tidbits I think might be useful to the MENS, I will post them.

Today's Episode: MENS, please take a page out of Mark's handbook. Mark is my coworker, Betty's, husband. Betty was out on an Arctic trip, aboard a Russian icebreaker, for the past 3 weeks, and while she was gone, Mark stopped by the office just to say "Hi".

The day he stopped in just happened to be my coworker, Amelia's, birthday, which I mentioned to Mark as he stood chatting in the office. He said "Really?", and immediately rushed out to his car, and reappeared with a brand new, unopened box of chocolates.


I found this to be very David Copperfield/David Blaine/Lance Burton-esque, in that they were CHOCOLATES! That MAGICALLY APPEARED! Seemingly OUT OF NOWHERE! "Nowhere" being Mark's car, but that is inconsequential. And don't interrupt me when I'm talking about chocolates.

As it turns out, Mark says he "always keeps a spare box of chocolates in the car - just in case."

That is just about the best thing I've ever heard, in my life. MENS - take note!

EPISODE 1 RECAP: BOX OF CHOCOLATES IN CAR. AT ALL TIMES. JUST IN CASE.