Saturday, September 29, 2007

Everything Old Is New Again

Barbara Grizzuti Harrison said "There are no original ideas."

I think about this, frequently, when I'm writing. Or shopping. Or listening to music. Or watching movies or tv.

The "no original ideas" theory is particularly true of television programming. I am totally okay with that, as there were several shows I was very emotionally attached to, that were unfortunately taken away from me just like that 5 lb peanut butter-filled chocolate egg Grandma gave me for Easter, and so what if I wanted to eat the whole thing before breakfast cancelled. Deep breath. It's okay. They're basically back. Kind of.

"Alias":


Is now "The Bionic Woman".




"Friends":


Is now "How I Met Your Mother".


"Sex & The City":


Is now "Cashmere Mafia"



I've only seen one of the three shows (How I Met Your Mother), but have very high hopes for the other two. Recycling should be widely embraced, in all manners of the word.