Friday, September 14, 2007

I Do Travel - Honest

Forgive me, readers, for I have sinned. It has been 2.5 months since my last domestic trip; and 7 months since my last international jaunt.

I do have an arsenal of stories related to past-travels, but do not want to post these sans photos. We can all agree, this is not The Economist. I likes pickshurs.

What is the holdup, then? You ask, in a slightly impatient, annoyed tone of voice, where I can actually hear your hands on your hips and your head cocked to one side.

The holdup is that all of my travel photos, prior to December 2005 (when Santa brought me my beloved Canon digital camera), are in print format. Boooo! Paper pickshurs! Need scanner of some sort, and skills to operate scanner. Boooo.

I have found an alternative to the scary scanner option, where I take the photos to my local drug store photo counter, and their fancy machine will load up to 200 of my print photos onto a CD, which I can then upload to my laptop, and blah blah, voila! Digital photos.

Now, if someone would brandish the cattle-prod in my direction, and assist me in taking the three piles of 66-odd photos (yeah, I did that with a calculator, so what?) to the drug store photo counter, we would be in business. It's that last step that I'm having difficulty with, as am envisioning 5 plus hours spent at drug store photo counter, painstakingly placing photos on some sort of glass pane - get the hair off the pane! is that a fingerprint?! Buh. It sounds hard.

But since I've now mentioned it, I will have to do it. I will have to spend 5 plus hours at the stupid drug store photo counter. Most likely will do this after spending 2 plus hours at Kerry's house, steaming clothes to take to consignment shop. Boooo. Boring weekend ahead. Say twelve Hail Mary's.