Tuesday, September 4, 2007

It's Fashion Week

So we should not be seeing any of this:



Or this:

Aside from the Britney/Bai Ling/Lil Kim disasters, I am wishing/hoping/praying that Mariah Carey manages to attend one of the more conservative designer shows - preferably Calvin Klein or Ralph Lauren.

I cannot bear another photo of her in a micromini/macrame bikini top ensemble, teetering in 7-inch sequined boots. I am going to make a Mariah paper doll, and I will dress her entirely in neutral-toned, loose-fitting turtleneck sweaters, with long pants and low-heeled shoes.

Variety is the Spice of Life. And also the unofficial Spice of Fashion Week.


p.s. - right after I posted this, I found this:


That is more than a little scary, as my description was purely imaginary, but the actual outfit seems to be quite real.