Friday, September 28, 2007

Training for the MENS - Episode 3

Today's Episode will be a Two Part Training, involving Two Different MENS Examples:

1) Kevyn (of Kevyn & Stacy), both of whom I have never met, but think they are adorable.

2) Jason (of Jason & Suzie), both of whom I have met, and think they are adorable.

KEVYN:

Kevyn & Stacy were preparing to watch the Best TV Show Of All Time, when Kevyn asked if he could get Stacy anything from the kitchen.

In and of itself, that is pretty awesome. Kevyn was not sitting in the brown velour La-Z-Boy recliner, belching, while demanding that his "woman" bring him another half-keg of brewski. Rather, he was enlisting his inner-Mr. Belvedere, and offering an unbeatable service: snack-bringin' from the kitchen.

Stacy had a hankering for some Nutella.



(Ed. note: if someone could remind me to never use words like "hankering", or "jonesing", I'd be eversograteful.)

Kitchen was sans Nutella. Kevyn said "No problem, I'll pop up to the grocery store and get you some".

I'm not even paraphrasing. That is izzackly what he said. IZZACKLY.

Wait for it...

JASON:

Suzie had to go meet Jason for some coffee or dinner or some such nonsense. When she arrived at whatever location (my details are fuzzy on this, because the rest of the story is just so much more important)...

Jason was waiting there, with Suzie's packed suitcase (courtesy of some crazy unfamiliar packing by a sister-in-law or something - again, details fuzzy, eye on the prize), and airplane tickets. And if I'm remembering the story correctly, which I'm probably not, I don't think Jason even told her where they were going until they got on the plane.

I wanted to say "until they arrived at their destination", but then I was thinking "Oh, come ON - Suzie would have cornered one of the Flight Attendants, or some poor, unsuspecting 8 yr-old, in line for the bathroom, and said "someone had better tell me where this plane is going, before I wrap these headphone cords around your necks".

So, when they boarded the plane, Jason explained that they were headed to the Maldives.


The MALDIVES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

EPISODE 3 RECAP: THOUGHTFUL GESTURES, GOOD. WELL-PLANNED SURPRISES, GOOD. NUTELLA & MALDIVES, GOOD. KEVYN & JASON, GOOD.