Sunday, October 28, 2007

Add To Your Vernacular

This daily chuckle is courtesy of Kerry and Urban Dictionary:

1. Leave Britney Alone

An exclamation made when your friends or family are teasing you to a point where you can't handle it anymore and a hissy fit is in order.

Derived from a YouTube user's famed outburst following Britney's lackluster performance at the 2007 VMA's.

Sarah: 'OMG Susan, I can't believe you are wearing the same skirt as yesterday. Oh, and by the way, EVERYONE knows what you did with Kevin on the weekend. Plus you look a little fat, are you retaining water?'

Susan: 'LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!'

*****************************************************

I wish I had known to use this, while going through security (again) at the Munich airport.

Frau Security: Do you haff any liquitts in your bag?

Me: Erm, no.

Frau Security: OH - Yess, here we haff one bottle off vatter in your pursss, oont one in your bag. You cannot haff these.

Me: Oh.

Frau Security: Oont zeess liquids here? Zeess shoult be in zee approoffed airportt bag.

Me: LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

They totally would have gotten the reference, as I saw a German magazine with Britney on the cover. Looking a mess.

I miss this girl:


If I were slightly drunk right now, I might admit that I used to rent the Britney videos on DVD, and practice learning the dances along with the video.

Luckily I am not in the least bit drunk.