Friday, October 12, 2007

Countdown to Eastern Europe!

Email titled "Grasping at Straws" from my dad:
I purchased straws the other day as I was thinking of you.

(Ed note: I love straws for my Diet Coke. Dad is great about keeping a stash for when I visit. I like the bendy ones.)


You are headed out next week for PRAHA but I don't know where else you are going. Is Vienna or Wien on your itinerary?

(My parents refuse to share information with one another, even though they live in the same house, and I end up having to repeat myself regarding the goings-on and happenings in my life. Sometimes more than once, as mom tends to "forget" things if she's had wine during the conversations.)

All I know about Prague I learned in "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" from Lena Olin.

(File under "Ew", and "things I do not need to know about")

Also, your mom and I attended a lecture at Johns Hopkins in 1968 on the subject of the Czech attempts at throwing off the yoke of Communism. Also, Unitarians were prominent in Czechoslovakia before World War II.

(We were raised Unitarian. It's like pretend church.)

So stay away from the Pilsner as it packs a wallop and have a good time.


Love, Dad
**********************************

Dear Dad,

Itinerary is as follows:

16Oct - U.S. to Prague

17Oct - arrive Prague


20Oct - Prague to Bratislava, via train



21Oct - Bratislava to Budapest, also via train


23Oct - Budapest to Zurich

(no Zurich photo - we're just staying overnight near the airport)

24Oct - Zurich back to U.S.

Please share information with mom.

p.s. Will be using bendy straws to drink Pilsner.


*********************************************************

Everyone, please join me in wishing Gordy & Sue (the parents) a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - 39 YEARS!!!

You'd think after 39 years of togetherness, they'd have that special, unspoken language thing - like twins have - where neither needs to say anything, and they just KNOW where their daughter is going on her vacations.