Monday, October 8, 2007

Greta - but NOT GRETTA

OH, this is going to confuse so many of my fans.

(I will pause here until the maniacal laughter subsides.)

Hilary Duff is making a movie called "Greta". Not to be confused with your favorite, all-time blogger GRETTA. Two "t"s. What is the extra "t" for? Time-consuming, Tragically Hip, Too-bad-for-you-you're-not-her? Fill in the blank.

From this photo, the Hilary Duff character, the Greta-person, is not very well-dressed, and this concerns me.


I am sure that comparisons are going to be made between Greta - Hilary Duff, and Gretta - me. Why? Because that is the kind of grandiose fantasy land I prefer to live in. The press will be clamoring to discuss the similarities, and I need to know what I'm up against.

I might wear a dress like this. I am trying to think WHEN I would do so, but never say never. Except that I would NEVER wear Chuck Taylors with this dress. Or bad, plastic bracelets. And the more I think about it, I would never wear this dress. There is just too much tulle and general froufy-ness.

Okay, wait! I take it back. I WOULD wear this dress. I would wear it when I was 8 years old and knee-deep in the dress-up chest with my Grandma's old wigs and wide-brimmed hats, and a red lace shirt; I would wear this dress with those other accessories.

And it would still look as good as it does in the photo. Yeesh.