Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I've Finally Bought Some Art

Alternate title: Christmas Came Early This Year.

Look what Salvato..I mean, Santa, brought!


I know what you're thinking.

This art you bought - is it Picasso? During his cubist period?

Or maybe Klimt? The colors really say Klimt.

It's difficult to identify whether this piece draws from Analytic Cubism, or Synthetic Cubism.

Although Analytic Cubism was nearly devoid of color, except for a monochromatic scheme that included blue, gray and ochre.

What's that? You'd like to see the work from another angle?

I know. Incredibly versatile, and a fine statement piece.

I heart this new art so much, I want to let it sleep with me tonight. But I'm afraid I'll roll over on it.

I'll just put it in it's crib, and then sleep lightly. In case it needs something in the middle of the night. Like a matching purse.