Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Santa Gretta


I am in the habit of shopping with money I don't have (although not for shoes like this, because that is just crazy, but aren't they pretty?). It's irresponsible, dangerous and easy - just like I like 'em. Wait, what was I talking about?

Oh yes. Moneyless shopping.

So this hobby of mine comes in VERY handy at Christmas, when I'm allowed required to spend more of the money I don't have, but on OTHERS! 'Tis the season! Giving and such!

And I'm excited that I get to do this for complete strangers. This year my friends and I have "adopted" a family, but not that tedious kind of adoption, where you have to bring them back from one of those countries ending in "Stan", and enroll them in school and make sure they have their vaccinations, and a roof over their heads, and hot meals, and GOD being a parent is hard.

No, we have basically just agreed to buy Christmas presents for an entire family, which is MY kind of parenting.



The kind of parenting where I have to make sure everyone has shoes, and shirts, and coats, and earrings, and watches, and probably more shoes...

Aren't the holidays great?