Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Music!

Scary David Hasselhoff Christmas records aside, I LOVE Christmas music. Like, LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. That's clear now, right?

So, my absolute favorite is Andy Williams' Christmas, with the green cover, where he's wearing an ivory-colored jacket, and looking a little bit like he's got somethin' special in his pocket that he wants to share with you. It's not this one:


But I have that one too.

It's THIS one!


And my FAVORITE song is the first one on Side 1 - "Sleigh Ride".

Every year, since as far back as I can remember, my parents would lug the Christmas ornaments box up from the basement, and we'd put on a little "Andy Williams, Merry Christmas", and I would become quite hyper and bounce around the living room, knocking over the nativity scene (we're not religious, we just liked the figurines), and winding up the music box that was shaped like a Swiss chalet, and played "Lara's Theme" from "Dr. Zhivago", while throwing both tinsel AND that awful gold garland around the tree.

Who has a headache?

NOT ME!

I still do this - minus the knocking over of the nativity scene, and the tinsel & garland disaster. Both my sisters loathe the Andy Williams Christmas record, so I can only play it when they're not around. And they ARE around when we're decorating the tree. LET ME PLAY ANDY WILLIAMS! Stupid Scrooge Sisters.

I'm going to download it to my iPod, so that I can be listening to "Sleigh Ride" AND having Quality Family Tree Decorating Time with Anastasia and Drusilla.