Monday, December 31, 2007

Hibernating Animals on New Year's Eve

This is going to sound All Kinds of Wrong to many of you, but you'll just have to have some Pez candies from your new Santa Pez dispenser, and deal with it.

I am purposefully doing absolutely nothing tonight. Nothing, nothing, nothing. NU-HU-THAAAAAAANG! (Except having some wine...)

As my staunchly loyal, and fabulous friends will confirm: Gretta No Likey New Year's Eve.

The past two years have been abysmal failures at Forced Festivities, and both nights ended with me either stomping away, in the snow, drunk and muttering about stupid f*&king New Year's; or driving away (verrrrrrrrrry bad, very bad), drunk and muttering about stupid f*&king New Year's, before the ball even dropped.

I wanted this year to be different, as the above-mentioned is fun for no one. Not for the drunk mutterer. And not for the drunk mutterer's friends, who ended up stranded at a James Bond-themed party, dressed to kill with no ride home.

With all the whirlwind holiday activities, I decided to celebrate NYE in my own way this year.




And cornbread. That's right. I'm kind of cooking.
Not sure if it counts as cooking, if I call my mom (yet again) to ask her how to cook a salmon filet. She says "Um, well, what does it say on the package?" And I'm all "there aren't any instructions on the package". And she's like "really?" And I'm turning the package over to where the cooking instructions are, and saying "ohhhh, yeah. 375 for 14-18 minutes."

This is why I don't cook. Too embarrassing.

So I'm enjoying some fab California wine, cajun salmon and cornbread, and will finish with whatever chocolate is left from my Christmas stocking.

All that pressure of getting to the party/bar/whatever, finding a cab, finding someone to smooch, then finding another cab, nursing hangover, blah blah blah. This year, I pass.

Plus, the Sponge Bob Square Pants movie is on at 8.

I'm all ready for 2008, AND actually looking forward to it. I'm ready. BRING IT!!!