Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Do Not Sink Zat Means, What You Sink It Means

I love blog comments. Loves them. And I am pretty much familiar with all of the people who leave comments on the blog.

The "Anonymous" login, usually throws me for a second, but then I'll read the comment, and my mom will sign it at the bottom.

But there have been a few occasions, when I was reading the comments and clicking "Publish, publish, publish", and then read one that was "Anonymous", and also didn't seem to make any sense to me. Like this one that came through today, following a post about not-really-look-a-likes:

Anonymous said...
ummm p.s. people..Blake Lively is her real name..along with her other siblings..duh

"Anonymous" - if that is his/her real name - was actually commenting on the sharply witty comments, previously made by Pistols at Dawn, and myself:

pistols at dawn said...
Man, I am late to the party. But you are 100% right about the fact that it just matches you up with whoever's craning their neck like you were.Also, being on a show on the CW doesn't equal fame, so you're probably still more recognizable than "Blake Lively," which sounds like the fakest name since "Fakey McFakename."
October 12, 2007 8:36 AM
TravelGretta said...
I LOVED Fakey McFakename on "the OC", and in that movie with the kid from "Desperate Housewives"!Except I think she has an eating disorder, is having one of K-Fed's babies, and is in rehab with Lindsay now.
October 12, 2007 9:28 AM


I kind of expect that the people reading this blog GET it. If they don't, they just stop reading and go find something else they like. Probably. At least that's what I do when I'm not really digging something.
There is a fairly high chance that "Anonymous" just did a search for Blake Lively, and accidentally happened upon the post, and was completely unprepared for the type of blog-versation we were having. That's right, I said blog-versation - my word. But without the irony gene, or the funny bone (both very important parts of the human anatomy), everything I'm saying, on an almost-daily basis, will just seem like a foreign language. Not even regular-foreign, but like martian-foreign. If you read this regularly, consider yourself bi-lingual.

I don't have a point here, but I've seen interviews with Blake Lively, and I think SHE would get it. And her other siblings probably would too.