Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Fernando Does (Part Of) Seattle

Yesterday was Bring Your Pink Plastic Pig-Houseguest To Work Day, and since Fernando had sobered up in the cage, I tucked him in my purse and dragged him to the salt mines.

I forgot he was there, until lunchtime.

I had to run a few errands at lunch, so I figured
"Fernando is probably dying to go to Marshall's in West Seattle". And I was right. He could not be-LIEVE the screaming deals on this Ralph Lauren skirt:


And Michael Kors dress-shorts:


I know what you're thinking. "SEVEN DOLLARS? SHE SPENDS SEVEN DOLLARS ON A CANDY BAR!"


And you know what I was thinking? "If I don't stop eating those $7 candy bars, I won't be able to fit into these $7 dress-shorts". Fernando was thinking "Is that bacon in that candy bar? Should I be worried?"

On the drive back to the salt mines, I let Fernando take the wheel, so that I could
photograph one of the 4 sunny days Seattle sees between October and May. If you squint, you should be able to see the Olympic mountain range. Squint hard - they're beyond the water.


We took a nighttime jog up to Kerry Park, and as you can see, I still haven't perfected the nighttime photo. Let's try it with the flash on:

Nope, how about with flash off:


Notsomuch, how about with the red-eye reduction. I am fully aware there were no red-eyes to be reduced, but there are only so many functions on the camera:

I am praying for nice weather this weekend, so I can get a clear photo with the Space Needle in the background. If not, we'll take a trip to TJMaxx.

(Don't worry, McGone, Fernando will have Big Fun in Austin next weekend).