Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Focus on February

Whilst we are a smidge crabby at the moment, we must keep our eye on the prize.

The prize, in this scenario, is February. Pretty much the entire month of February. Black Thursday Valentine's Day aside, February is going to be my bestest, mostest favoritist month, and I may be adding "est" or "ist" to the end of as many words as I can. And after I explain why, no one will listen to me if/when I try to complain about how much I hate January.


(Ed. note: above photo is, essentially, November-May in Seattle)

I have signed up for the Fun & Drunk version of the "Mommy & Me" course, and we'll be participating in this, in Austin, Texas (and staying at the Driskill Hotel, because I'm admittedly spoiled, and my mom is awesome - and not necessarily in that order):



I'm forgetting January already...

and then, I will also be a guest at the Sundance, Utah chapter of "Stepmommy & Me", with Kerry & Ted, and their fabulously generous Stepmom, Terry, who is truly fabulously generous, and also has very cute shoes. She's practically Oprah.

I'm already sore from skiing, but have absolutely NO business complaining...

and then, it's off to Amsterdam, with Peanut...


Peanut has some fabulously generous friend in Amsterdam, who is possibly not thinking clearly about having two very bossy, loud girls staying in his apartment with him...

and then, finally, joining up with The Girls in England, to celebrate our Kimmy and her nuptials. EGADS, isn't "nuptials" just the grossest word???


I am fully aware that I will not be permitted to whine again, for at least the next 6 months. I admit, that it is good to be TravelGretta in February.

I may complain, however, that I am now too broke to buy any more shoes...