Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm Cranky But Inspired. And Scared.

My mom has pointed out that everyone seems to have the January Blues, and bloggers aren't posting as much as they usually do and blah blah. She's right. Some of you may have noticed that I posted a photo of a very pretty Valentino polka dot shoe yesterday, and that was all. No accompanying text, just the photo. I'm SOOOOOOO super cranky, and all "oh who cares if I post anything, nrrnh nrrhn".

To say I was "inspired" today, sounds incorrectly profound. I should say I was "nudged" today, into posting about Things That Scare Me.

Keenan asked if I had seen the movie "Cloverfield",



which, from what I've heard, is a scary film that you need to watch with a motion-sickness bag, a la "The Blair Witch Project". I will pass.

Vomiting scares me.

Then, over at Retail Recovery, Editor posted a great photo from "Sherlock Holmes".


The photo itself is not scary, unless you're frightened by un-matching plaids. But when I was in grade school, we had these mini-microfilmstrip movies we could watch, and I was obsessed with the Sherlock Holmes series.

The absolutely most frightening story was "The Speckled Band", which might not be so terrifying to me now, if I could stop shaking long enough to watch it. There is a totally creepy little song that plays in parts of the little movie, and I will never forget it.

Some other Things That Scare Me:

*"The Amityville Horror" - the book, not the movie. I read this when I was teaching English in Korea, and could only read it in the middle of the day, while sitting in the communal teachers' office, surrounded by people.


*The organized terrorists in the movie "Blood Diamond". I had to make myself watch this movie, which was fantastic by the way, and then felt much less confident about the prospect of traveling in foreign countries where I'm not really sure what's going on politically.

*Envelopes from my bank, that appear to be "insufficient funds" notices.

*Severe anorexics.

*Needles.

*Centipedes, Millipedes, and any other pedes that have many, many wiggling legs.

And, of course,

*Crocs.