Friday, January 4, 2008

My Latest Obsession

The Mitford Sisters:



And this obsession is going to usurp more time than my shoe-shopping. I received this book for Christmas:

...which is a compilation of letters written between the six Mitford sisters between 1925 and 2003. In my progress, so far, I have discovered that there are scads of other books that have been written about the Mitford sisters. They are SO fascinating that I will have to read those as well, to know all there is to know about this family. Nancy, Pamela, Diana, Unity, Jessica and Deborah. And there was one poor brother, Tom, who was stuck in the middle and rarely mentioned.

I have also learned that two of the sisters, Nancy and Jessica were published authors, and I will now have to read THEIR books as well.

So, my interest in this one book has managed to breed itself into a never-ending homework assignment, and several hundred dollars in charges to Amazon.

I'm exhausted and broke already.