Friday, June 19, 2009

Fernando in Wien

We ventured out into the city, on a fantastically sunny day in Vienna. However, when we neared St. Stephan's cathedral, and Fernando caught a glimpse of a chattery school group,


he said "Maybe we shouldn't bother with the touristy stuff today. Let's just go shopping." I am nothing if not the consummate travel hostess, so I acquiesced. We found this:


Can you hear angels singing? If not, your iPod is turned up too loud. I saw Lanvin. I saw Giambattista Valli. I saw Prada.

Fernando saw these fantastic Alaia booties, in my size, for 150 Euro (marked down from 790 Euro).


ALAIA BOOTIES! 150 EURO! I am never shopping without him again.

The store didn't have anything in 'Nando's size, but he still managed to have an excellent day. He fell in love with a model.


Oh those Austrian pigs - so shiny and pretty! I think they exchanged phone numbers.

And we did, actually, do something a bit cultural. I took him to see a piano concert at the Musikverein.


We took the photo while people were still filing in. The place was absolutely packed, to hear this:


Fernando is a big fan of Chopin and Prokofiev, so he enjoyed the performance immensely. We walked back to Mariahilferstrasse afterward, and sat at an outdoor cafe to enjoy some Sacher Torte and wine.


I think Fernando might love Vienna as much as I do. I have no doubt he'll be back.