Monday, July 27, 2009

My Birthday

So, in between Greece and now, we celebrated my birthday. HOORAY! I love my birthday. It was July 12, if any of you would like to mark your calendars for next year. I am registered at Christian Louboutin in Paris.

Like many travel companions, Fernando and I were starting to wear on each other's nerves by this point. We had been traveling together since June 17th, without a break, and Fernando, without a shower. Something about how he "doesn't trust the foreign water", and I refused to bathe him in Evian despite his incessant requesting.

It was a welcome respite to stop at my parents' home in Portland, Oregon to unpack, relax, do some laundry, and have birthday cake. And also to have other people to keep Fernando occupied.

I shouldn't have worried - he managed to occupy himself just fine.


Poor Herb was completely caught off guard, and kept looking at me as if to say "Was it because I was scantily clad? I wasn't wearing my collar..."

And then there was the situation with the cake.


Fernando hadn't realized there was a camera nearby, and was swearing up and down that he had no idea why the frosting was mussed.

He then proceeded to bump into silverware and several plates, as his vision was slightly blurred by something...

He miraculously rebounded when my mom brought out the port.

When I went to bed, he was still staggering around the living room, singing some blues song about "She done me wroooooong...". Egads, 'Nando, get it together.