Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Reality Check

 
I'm all wiggly and excited because I finally get to go to Ireland this month. I've never been AND have had it on my List AND I have family history research to do there AND I finally get to go! And not just go, but go with a big, fun group of friends to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and drink Guinness and buy fisherman sweaters and meet leprechauns. 

I had recently been lamenting the interminable amount of time that had passed since I last traveled overseas. It had been ages! Eons! LIGHT-YEARS! (Wailing) Oh, I don't even know where my passport is - it's been so long since I've seen it. It's probably expired!

Then I went to look up the dates of my last overseas trip, and found it to be right around this time. In 2011. That's last year's 2011.

Why do I have absolutely no concept of time? Am I suddenly 100? One measly year passes and I crumble into a sobbing heap of self-pity, because I haven't gotten to go overseas?

I really did think it had been longer than a year. I'm going to blame my dysfunctional space-time continuum on the fact that it's a Leap Year. Leap Year - just like that Amy Adams movie they filmed in Ireland. Where I get to go this month. To celebrate St. Patrick's Day and drink Guinness and buy fisherman sweaters and meet leprechauns.